Advanced Technology and Techniques
The Latest Tools of the Trade Save Chicago Homes
No two-loss incidents are the same, between the flooding that can affect Chicago homes and apartments to mold and fire disasters. With each of these emergencies presenting incredible obstacles for even the experienced professionals of our SERVPRO team, our advantages lie with the acquisition of the latest tools and technologies. These premier machines and techniques allow our trained technicians to gain control of damaging emergencies.
Why Modern Approaches Are Better
You might have heard all your life that 'if it is not broken, don't fix it.' With the restoration industry, fast and efficient are not enough. We are not content with the knowledge that even the most advanced tools and technologies are not yet able to fully recover compromised contents in your Chicago townhouse, or that our specialized extractors and drying equipment cannot protect hardwood and carpeted floors every time.
The tools and technologies of the restoration industry are continually evolving and improving, and because of this, we can better protect the property of our customers.
Our Current Advanced Equipment
• Surface and Penetrating Moisture Meters Centrifugal and Axial Air Movers
• Desiccant and Low-Grain Refrigerant (LGR) Dehumidifiers
• Injecti-Dry Positive Pressure Systems
• DryBook Software
Despite the evolution of equipment and techniques for loss incidents, our SERVPRO professionals work to choose the approaches that help your home and work to make the restoration process more efficient, precise, and thorough. We are ready to put our equipment to work for you.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.