Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
The Steps You Can Take While Awaiting Remediation in Your Chicago Home
It is more of common knowledge now that mold and exposure to fungal threats can be compromising to your health and destructive to your property. As much as you might actively seek to avoid this, many circumstances are allowing it to become a common problem for Chicago homes and businesses. Both with the proximity to Lake Michigan and the substantial rainfall and snowfall expected throughout the year, moisture is a significant factor in the environment.
Humidity levels can make the summer miserably hot at times, but can also present the ideal conditions for the development of mold and other microbial threats. Preventing mold from growing requires several active stances to reduce the moisture in your residence and the potent products that can make potentially affected surfaces uninhabitable. While most homeowners lack the training and cutting-edge equipment necessary for mold remediation in Chicago houses and apartments, they are not helpless in what they can do, either.
The Ways Homeowners Can Often Help Their Properties Pre-Remediation
• Owners are the discovery point for mold growth
• Owners can work to secure remediation services
• Can clear occupants and pets from the hazard areas
Sometimes, some of the most helpful action that a homeowner can take when remediation is necessary is to distance themselves. Our experienced personnel can handle mold colonies safely and work to make the condition “Like it never even happened.”
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (773) 434-9100
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago / West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Downtown Chicago / West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Loop
- Downtown Chicago
- Wicker Park
- University Village - Little Italy
- Ukranian Village